I had the opportunity to shoot in Nashville again. This time, we enjoyed some of the smaller, more intimate music venues and had an absolute ball.
At Music City Roots from the Loveless Barn, we heard Jill Andrews, Big Daddy Love, Blue Mother Tupelo, and KingBilly. Americana, bluegrass, country, Delta blues, and good old-fashioned rock combined brilliantly with the barn lights, fried chicken, and beer at the Loveless to create a unique atmosphere.
At Puckett's in Leiper's Fork, we discovered Chris Janson (shown above) armed only with his guitar, harmonica, and a shot or two of Mountain Dew. The scene? A grocery store and lunch counter turned dinner theater and listening room. While waiting for the show to start, we enjoyed Puckett's delicious, savory catfish and chatted with Janson's grandparents.
The stages may have been small, but the hearts and talent were large. Look for all five of these acts on the airwaves very soon.
Other Trip Recommendations
- A lazy drive on the Natchez Trace down to Jackson Falls in Maury County
- The super helpful staff at McAllister's Deli in Cool Springs
- Happy Hour on the patio at Swanky's Taco Shop in Franklin
- Sweet treats at Naticakes in Franklin
- Lovely shower gifts at It's Vintage Baby in Franklin
- Great selection of jewelry at Bungalow Antiques, Gifts, and Interiors in Murfreesboro
- School spirit at Middle Tennessee State University
- The Mall at Green Hills for serious retail therapy
- Wedding 101 at The Factory in Franklin for a great display of all the area event planning vendors
- Larriviere's On the Square in Gallatin for a scrumptious Sunday brunch